- Calibration service
- News & Events
- Contact us
Matest has developed an Automated Core Drill (ACD) for fast, accurate cutting of cores from cylinders, prisms and slabs prepared using Matest's range of asphalt compaction machines; GYROTRONIC-Gyratory Compactor, ASC-Asphalt Shear-box Compactor and field specimens for subsequent testing using Matest/Pavetest's range of leading edge testing systems.
The Automated Core Drill (ACD) can be used for obtaining cores of 100mm and 150mm diameter from Asphalt Shear-Box Compactor (ASC) prisms and Asphalt roller compactor (ARC) slabs and 100mm diameter cores from the GYROTRONIC gyratory compactor or other SGC specimens (using the optional cylindrical specimen jig. The ACD enables coring of up to 400mm tall specimens by the use of a three position sliding fixture which provides easy and accurate specimen positioning. An adjustable clamping mechanism holds the specimen securely to eliminate sample movement during coring. Three core supports at fixed spacing yields two (150mm) or three (100mm) cores from one prism without the need for measurement. The ACD utilizes a high performance motor, with three user selectable speed settings to ensure precise coring performance and reliability. The clear protective covers provides uninterrupted viewing of the drilling process whilst adhering to the CE safety directive.
B040-20 Asphalt Core Drill (230V/50Hz) for prisms
B040-20Y Asphalt Core Drill (110V/60Hz) for prisms
C339-03 100mm dia. x 420mm long drill bit
C339-04 150mm dia. x 420mm long drill bit
B040-21 Clamping cylindrical specimen jig to suit 100mm and 150mm diameter specimens
- Drill Bit Diamond/tungsten alloy, laser welded.
- Core diameter 100mm or 150mm.
- Core height up to 40cm.
- Cylindrical: 70mm to 400mm high x up to 160mm diameter.
- Prism: 450mm long x 400mm high x up to 185mm wide.
- Prism: 450mm long x 150mm wide x up to 400mm high.
- Slabs: 320mm x 260mm, 300mm x 300mm, 400mm x300 mm, 500mm x300mm
- Dimensions: 60cm (L) x 80cm (D) 140cm (H)
- Net weight 85kg
- 230V, 10A, 50Hz, 1ph (540/1,300/1,800rpm)
- 230V, 10A, 60Hz, 1ph (560/1,330/1,850rpm)
- 115V, 20A, 60Hz, 1ph (560/1,330/1,850rpm)